My husband and I were feeling creative this evening! We wanted apple pie but didn’t want to make a whole pie, so we made these little numbers! I was thrilled when we opened them up and found these adorable little beehives.
3 Granny Smith Apples
- Cored using an apple peeler, corer, slicer .
1 C Flour
1.5 C Sugar
2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Mix in a large bowl.
- Carefully flour each apple until thoroughly coated (even between the layers)
- Whip up 3 recipies of your favorite pie crust
- Roll three large circles
- Set on apple on each
1/2 C Raisins
3 Tablespoon Butter
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Mix together
- Stuff into center of each apple
- Carefully wrap crust around apples & pinch to close the top. Patch any holes with extra crust.
- Place on cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 450*F
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350*F
- Cover apples with little domes of aluminum foil
- Bake another 45 minutes
- Remove foil & bake another 15 minutes or until apples are soft (insert a skewer to test doneness).
Cool completely before slicing in half to serve.
What’s your families favorite original recipe?